RE: Weekly Update

On Monday, September 16, 2013 5:38 PM, vikash agrawal wrote:
> More or less,  I feel its in a good shape. enclosed are the
> corresponding links.
> • Creator App - http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5278881/gsoc/json-ld/creator/index.html

Apart from the suggestion I gave you ages ago to use widgets so that users enter dates etc. in the right form (which hasn't been implemented yet) and the discussion we had about the generalization of the tool I don't have much comments. You definitely should add a save button to this tool and capitalize the field labels consistently (Address, email, url, Date of birth, Honoric Prefix, ...).

Try to type something in the children field and then delete it. The field's border remains red. That's a bug I suspect.

• LinkedIn - http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5278881/gsoc/json-ld.org.old/linkedIn/index.html

Sent me comments in an earlier mail. Just checked the Save button with IE11, still doesn't work (so it should be mentioned that it doesn't work in IE).

The UI is very confusing. What's the purpose of the "Enter base IRI" and "@vocab Url" fields? I saw that you change the URLs in the generated context based on the value of those fields but that doesn't make any sense. Why would you ever wanna change them?

What's that relative URL in "Enter URL to generate context"? I know it comes from schema.org but why would a user enter that? And if so, why wouldn't she enter the full URL http://schema.org/docs/schema_org_rdfa.html (which doesn't work due to cross origin restrictions)? I would propose to remove all those settings and use a small PHP script acting as a proxy for the schema_org_rdfa.html file. That PHP script is probably not longer than 1 or 2 lines of code.