Re: Weekly Update

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 11:51 PM, Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net
> wrote:

> On Monday, September 16, 2013 5:38 PM, vikash agrawal wrote:
> > More or less,  I feel its in a good shape. enclosed are the
> > corresponding links.
> > • Creator App -
> http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5278881/gsoc/json-ld/creator/index.html
>
> Apart from the suggestion I gave you ages ago to use widgets so that users
> enter dates etc. in the right form (which hasn't been implemented yet)

So, far any changes in the left form is displayed in the textarea eg
changing dates manually or using the widgets will reflect the changes in
textare in realtime.
But as you are pointing out, changing the <textarea> to update the form is
scheduled post GSoC as while discussing with Dave, he said that would be
fairly easy to do with Angular JS, because using JS or JQuery for updating
the left form from textarea will make code unwillingly complicated.

and the discussion we had about the generalization of the tool I don't have
> much comments.

[1]

> You definitely should add a save button to this tool

Point noted.

> and capitalize the field labels consistently (Address, email, url, Date of
> birth, Honoric Prefix, ...).
>
> Try to type something in the children field and then delete it. The
> field's border remains red. That's a bug I suspect.

will fix that.

> • LinkedIn -
> http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5278881/gsoc/json-ld.org.old/linkedIn/index.html
>
> Sent me comments in an earlier mail. Just checked the Save button with
> IE11, still doesn't work (so it should be mentioned that it doesn't work in
> IE).

ok.

> > • Context-Creator -
> http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5278881/gsoc/json-ld.org.old/context-creator/index.html
>
> The UI is very confusing. What's the purpose of the "Enter base IRI" and
> "@vocab Url" fields? I saw that you change the URLs in the generated
> context based on the value of those fields but that doesn't make any sense.
> Why would you ever wanna change them?

I agree with you, that the UI might be confusing. I kept it this way
thinking, if in future, we have to generate context from other websites,
then it would be easy to extend.

But you points seem very valid to me, as a result I will remove all the
fields except `Enter URL to generate context` and `Add @vocab` checkbox.

> What's that relative URL in "Enter URL to generate context"? I know it
> comes from schema.org but why would a user enter that? And if so, why
> wouldn't she enter the full URL
> http://schema.org/docs/schema_org_rdfa.html (which doesn't work due to
> cross origin restrictions)? I would propose to remove all those settings
> and use a small PHP script acting as a proxy for the schema_org_rdfa.html
> file. That PHP script is probably not longer than 1 or 2 lines of code.

So far the schema_org_rdfa.html is save within the repository in the same
level. I clearly understand the url should be relative. As its over dropbox
right now so you could test it using [2]. And when it will be merged and go
live on json-ld.org we could use a more cleaner URL.

> --
> Markus Lanthaler
> @markuslanthaler

[1] -