W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-linked-json@w3.org > October 2013

JSON-LD Telecon Minutes for 2013-10-22

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 10:17:48 -0400
Message-ID: <5266890C.5000204@digitalbazaar.com>
To: Linked JSON <public-linked-json@w3.org>
CC: RDF WG <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
Thanks to Niklas for scribing! The minutes from this week's telecon are
now available.

http://json-ld.org/minutes/2013-10-22/

A full transcript of the meeting can be found below. Audio for the call
is available at the link provided above.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
JSON-LD Community Group Telecon Minutes for 2013-10-22

Agenda:
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-linked-json/2013Oct/0052.html
Topics:
    1. Bug in @reverse algorithm
    2. Proposed Recommendation Plan
Resolutions:
    1. Apply the fix to the @reverse algorithm as detailed by
       Markus and merge the fix into the JSON-LD Algorithms prior to
       Proposed Recommendation publication.
Chair:
    Manu Sporny
Scribe:
    Niklas Lindström
Present:
    Manu Sporny, Niklas Lindström, Gregg Kellogg, Paul Kuykendall,
    Markus Lanthaler, David I. Lehn
Audio:
    http://json-ld.org/minutes/2013-10-22/audio.ogg

Manu Sporny:  today: 1. the bug with reverse + id, 2. going to PR
    [scribe assist by Niklas Lindström]
Niklas Lindström is scribing.

Topic: Bug in @reverse algorithm

Manu Sporny:  pierre-antoine found a bug with the reverse
    algorithm; verified by gregg and markus. Proposals to address the
    bug bug Markus and Dave. Markus' proposal is merged into the spec
Markus Lanthaler:

https://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.org/commit/2346834ade454dc5dd608e0b3822d945e7a86ca9
Gregg Kellogg: https://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.org/pull/304
Gregg Kellogg:  I implemented Markus' change and passed the test.
    Dave commented an alternative solution, but since that's based on
    an algorithm divergence, it can't directly be used.
Gregg Kellogg:  and that fixes the JS impl.
    … we need to prep the spec for transitions today, and update
    reports
    ... strictly, we may have until the transition meeting, but
    having them 'til tomorrow should do
Niklas Lindström:  I just checked my rdflib version as well, so
    this works. This was a bug, nothing that should be construed as
    an intentional change. [scribe assist by Manu Sporny]
dave longely has updated the JS, PHP and Python impls.
Gregg Kellogg:  the purpose of the CR phase is to find problems
    just like this.

PROPOSAL: Apply the fix to the @reverse algorithm as detailed by
    Markus and merge the fix into the JSON-LD Algorithms prior to
    Proposed Recommendation publication.

Niklas Lindström: +1
Manu Sporny: +1
Gregg Kellogg: +1
Paul Kuykendall: +1
Markus Lanthaler: +1

RESOLUTION: Apply the fix to the @reverse algorithm as detailed
    by Markus and merge the fix into the JSON-LD Algorithms prior to
    Proposed Recommendation publication.

Topic: Proposed Recommendation Plan

Manu Sporny:  I went through the mailing list and looked for any
    comments not tracked. We've sent out responses on all but one
    issue.
    … The one just resolved. I'll send out a response to
    Pierre-Antoine.
Markus Lanthaler:  are mails to the list official comments?
Manu Sporny:  no, not formally. But it's a good practise to
    operate like this.
Manu Sporny: http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/track/products/18
Markus Lanthaler:  agreed.
Manu Sporny:  all of these are tracked in the RDF WG tracker.
Markus Lanthaler:
 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-comments/2013Oct/0074.html
Simon made an official reponse on explaining @type, with
    suggested editorial changes.
Markus Lanthaler:  we could pick the wordings we like
Gregg Kellogg:  do we have a note for the uses of type?
Markus Lanthaler:  yes, in 6.4
Markus Lanthaler:
    http://json-ld.org/spec/latest/json-ld/#typed-values
Markus Lanthaler:
    http://json-ld.org/spec/latest/json-ld/#specifying-the-type
Gregg Kellogg:  if it was formatted as a Note, it should make it
    easier for people to pull that in
Manu Sporny:  I agree.
Markus Lanthaler:  in which section, 5.4 or 6.4?
Gregg Kellogg:  or two notes...
    … and these sections could reference each other.
    … up towards the top of each, add notes to address Simon's
    desired wording
Manu Sporny:  In section 5.4, towards the end, we do spell it out
    though..
Gregg Kellogg:  it's really a matter of formatting them
Markus Lanthaler:  from an rdf point of view, that distinction is
    since literal's can't be subjects in RDF
Markus Lanthaler:  editorial changes like this (formatting notes)
    could be postponed to after PR
Manu Sporny:  once we put it up as a PR, the voting is on
    accepting it as is (apart from e.g. spelling errors)
    … If we introduce new language, we may diverge from RDF
    concepts..
    … the best right now is to put notes in to emphasize this.
    ... we could put the last part of 5.4 as a note block.
Markus Lanthaler:
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-linked-json/2013Oct/0016.html
Niklas Lindström:  Yes, the text at the end of section 5.4, that
    should be a note. [scribe assist by Manu Sporny]
Markus Lanthaler:  and not introduce new concepts like node type
    and value type.
    ... could otherwise affect the api spec..
Manu Sporny:  any objections? [none]
Manu going through the issues, ensuring that we've resolved and
    responded
Manu checking http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/track/products/18
    issues.
Markus Lanthaler: Shall we merge
    https://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.org/pull/303 now (make API
    non-normative)?
Gregg Kellogg:  I think it's good.
Gregg Kellogg:  we need to dicuss the timeline for preparing the
    documents
Manu Sporny:  we're planning a transition call on october 30th
    … the PR document to be done then
    ... we need the notes and merge the pull requests
Markus Lanthaler:  and to write the PR request (the document, who
    reviewed, etc.)
Markus Lanthaler:
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-wg/2013Oct/0223.html
Manu Sporny:  same as before, for CR (the wiki page), plus the
    additions made during CR
[mlnt will make a draft, gkellogg and m4nu will review it before
    tomorrow's call]
Manu Sporny:  plus references to the 4 issues, how we ruled, and
    the responses
Markus Lanthaler:  the proposed date is the 5th of november (made
    during the last RDF call)
    ... before the moratorium
Gregg Kellogg:  the RDF concepts should be in CR by then
    ... hopefully
Manu Sporny:  I'll add the note, markus will merge the pull
    requests plus fix the wiki page for PR req. tomorrow
Gregg Kellogg:  people should send in updated earl reports if
    they can
Gregg Kellogg:  and send links with the updates to the
    public-rdf-comments
Paul Kuykendall:  so the json-ld test-suite is completely up to
    date?
Markus Lanthaler:  yes
Gregg Kellogg: https://github.com/tobie/respec-issues
Gregg Kellogg:  I just came across these respec issues

-- manu

-- 
Manu Sporny (skype: msporny, twitter: manusporny, G+: +Manu Sporny)
Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Meritora - Web payments commercial launch
http://blog.meritora.com/launch/
Received on Tuesday, 22 October 2013 15:22:19 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 16:18:39 UTC