Re: JSON-LD Syntax request for FPWD via RDF WG

I am not Manu, but what I know is...
On May 22, 2012, at 14:17 , Richard Cyganiak wrote:

> Hi Manu,
>
> A couple of questions:
>
> * Is JSON-LD an RDF serialization?

I think the best way of saying it is: it can be used as an RDF serialization, although applications may use it directly, too, without referring to RDF.

> * Given a JSON-LD document, how do I get an RDF graph from it?

The answer is that this is a bit hidden in the document though, when reading it, the conversion is fairly clear. But I agree is it not explicit. Manu, it may be worth having a separate section that makes that mapping absolutely explicit and formal.

> * Given an RDF graph, how do I turn it into a JSON-LD document?

I think that if we get the previous issue done, that answers this question, too.

> * Can any RDF graph be serialized as a JSON-LD document?

Yes.

B.t.w., just for the fun of it: the RDFa 1.1 distiller http://www.w3.org/2012/pyRdfa/ already has a JSON-LD serialization option (alongside RDF/XML and turtle).

Ivan

> Best,
> Richard
>

> On 22 May 2012, at 05:19, Manu Sporny wrote:
>
>> Last week, the Linked Data in JSON Community Group discussed whether or
>> not we thought that JSON-LD was ready to be moved into the RDF WG for
>> REC-track standardization:
>>
>> http://json-ld.org/minutes/2012-05-15/#topic-1
>>
>> There was consensus that the JSON-LD Syntax is finalized (as far as the
>> CG is concerned). There may be one more change that we are considering,
>> but that change would depend on feedback we get from this group. There
>> will, of course, be plenty of opportunity to discuss changes to the spec
>> in the RDF WG.
>>
>> There is a date-stamped document that is available for review here:
>>
>> http://json-ld.org/spec/ED/json-ld-syntax/20120522/
>>
>> So, this is a request to place the JSON-LD Syntax specification on the
>> W3C Recommendation track via the RDF Working Group. David, Guus - what
>> are the next steps?
>>
>> -- manu
>>
>> --
>> Manu Sporny (skype: msporny, twitter: manusporny)
>> Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
>> blog: PaySwarm Website for Developers Launched
>> http://digitalbazaar.com/2012/02/22/new-payswarm-alpha/

----
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
mobile: +31-641044153