Re: JSON-LD Telecon Minutes for 2011-07-04

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 22:57:52 -0400
To: public-linked-json@w3.org
On 07/23/2011 02:48 PM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> To summarize, JSON-SD actually delivers what most already know
> people want, at this point in time i.e., a mechanism for creating
> structured data via directed graph based data representation using
> JSON based syntax. Linked Data can actually be crafted using the
> JSON-SD syntax, as is the case with syntaxes from the RDF family.

I find my self in 100% agreement with the above, Kingsley. Looks like
we're making progress. :)

> That's 100% clearer than calling something JSON-LD just because
> "Linked Data" is a kinda hot buzz phrase, muddying the Linked Data
> concept waters in the process.

I don't think "Linked Data" is a hot buzz phrase - hardly anyone in the
Web Developer public knows what Linked Data is or does. We didn't pick
the name because it was catchy, we picked it because it seemed to be the
best two words at the time. Now we have found better words and better
definitions, so we'll use those instead.

> Structured data is important, its actually more important than
> Linked Data at this point in time re. Web evolution.

I agree. Maybe we have some basic definitions now that we didn't have
when we started. Let's try finalizing these definitions tomorrow and see
if we can use them going forward.

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Uber Comparison of RDFa, Microformats and Microdata
http://manu.sporny.org/2011/uber-comparison-rdfa-md-uf/