RE: Hydra CG & LDP NEXT CG - interest in coordination telecon?

On 8 Okt 2015 at 08:38, elf Pavlik wrote:
> On 10/07/2015 11:44 PM, Asbjørn Ulsberg wrote:
>>> If enough people expresses interest, I would happily help with arranging
>>> a telecon!
>>
>> I do think people are open to cross-WG collaboration, I'm just not
>> sure telecon is the most attractive way to do it. :-)

+1, I think at this stage async communication will be more effective.

> Makes sense! I just thought about an exceptional one just to take 1 hour
> to understand better similarities and differences.

I think the main question would be in what ways LDP Next will differ from the current version of LDP. What's up for discussion and what isn't.

> 1) I will confirm if one can send emails to both groups, while
> officially having joined only one

That should work fine.

> 2) I would like to invite everyone who
> uses IRC to consider joining irc://irc.w3.org:6665/social (i don't see
> anyone using irc://irc.w3.org:6665/hydra) 3) I will document this topic
> better in this issue on github
> https://github.com/HydraCG/Specifications/issues/36

Thanks. Please also keep the mailing list informed from time to time.

> I agree that both communities may need more time to understand each
> others work. At the same time I find it very different to hear (or even
> see each other) during a telecon, even better meet IRL, comparing to
> just read messages - IMO it can potentially strengthen the C in CG :)

:-)

In my experience, spending an hour in a telecom or meeting isn't very efficient if it isn't properly prepared. So let's first do our homework on the mailing list before we commit time to communicate in realtime :-)

--
Markus Lanthaler
@markuslanthaler