Re: the necessity of describing responses in-band

Frankly, I'm -1 on anything that *requires* named graphs to work properly.
There are too many implementations out there that would not be able to
participate, and the added overhead is not insignificant.  One need only
read the RDF WG archives in discussions for 1.1 to see the controversies
here.

Secondly, I find the argument that following HTTP and putting metadata
about the response in the headers, at least disingenuous and at worst
outright incorrect.  The headers are precisely where metadata about the
body is intended to live.  This has made interfaces somewhat complex to do
correctly since day 1 of the web, but that's what we have.  It's not that
we're making exceptions for the data web, the exceptions are for the
document web because browsers do not make response headers easily
accessible for processing, nor process them natively per their semantics.

Rob

--
Rob Sanderson
Information Standards Advocate