Re: Section 4: LDPR/non-LDPR formal definitions

On 3/26/13 3:47 PM, Erik Wilde wrote:
> hello kingsley.
>
> On 2013-03-26 12:18 , Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> 2. http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/text/html -- HTML media
>> type definition (Erik: in reading this document I don't see how the HTML
>> media type is an exemplar for Hypermedia interaction clarity by virtue
>> of media type definition).
>
> what do you think should be any different/better? the HTML spec very
> clearly tells you how links in HTML pages are supposed to be
> interacted with. a while ago, i compiled a list of links in HTML at
> http://dret.typepad.com/dretblog/2009/10/links-in-html.html, just as
> an exercise to see what kind of hypermedia affordances HTML actually
> provides. surprisingly many, i think. for each of them HTML says how
> to interact. maybe forms is most instructive: the media type tells you
> how to assemble form field values, compose them into a well-defined
> request format, and then submit them to the form's action URI, using
> the method that is specified for the form. well, i am sure you are
> well aware of all the things the HTML spec defines, so i am wondering
> what you would you think it is lacking in terms of clarity?
>
> cheers,
>
> dret.

My concern is that
<http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/text/html> isn't any
clearer than <http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/text/turtle>
with regards to hypermedia.

As for the HTML spec, you have the Turtle spec and media type definition
combination that clearly address the hypermedia issue.

 From my vantage point, the item that's missing is the placement of RDF
based Linked Data's URI de-reference and indirection heuristics into an
existing or new media type definition.

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen