Re: Section 4: LDPR/non-LDPR formal definitions

hello kingsley.

On 2013-03-26 13:34 , Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> My concern is that
> <http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/text/html> isn't any
> clearer than <http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/text/turtle>
> with regards to hypermedia.

this is where you lose me. the registration of HTML is referring to HTML
as its spec, so that's how the media type is defined. it tells you
everything a client needs to know, such as how to compose a form request
and send the form values in a format defined by the spec. the turtle
spec doesn't even mention the word link.

> As for the HTML spec, you have the Turtle spec and media type definition
> combination that clearly address the hypermedia issue.

how is http://www.w3.org/TeamSubmission/2008/SUBM-turtle-20080114/
(currently linked form the registration) or http://www.w3.org/TR/turtle/
(the registration probably should be updated) clearly address the
hypermedia issue? could you please provide a reference to where it does
that (the kind of stuff
http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/interact/forms.html#h-17.13 is saying)? as
you just pointed out in your email to henry: it takes a leap of faith to
infer any link semantics, and even then they are just read-only.

cheers,

dret.