From:   David Wood <david@3roundstones.com>
To:     Linked Data Platform (LDP) Working Group <public-ldp-wg@w3.org>,
Date:   05/23/2013 01:24 PM
Subject:        Re: ldp-ISSUE-73 (rdf:member): LDPCs to list all their
rdf:member [Linked Data Platform core]

+1 from me. I think this should be a MUST.

Regards,
Dave
--
http://about.me/david_wood

On May 23, 2013, at 15:08, Linked Data Platform (LDP) Working Group Issue
Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org> wrote:

> ldp-ISSUE-73 (rdf:member): LDPCs to list all their rdf:member [Linked
Data Platform core]

> http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/track/issues/73
>
> Raised by: Henry Story
> On product: Linked Data Platform core
>
> An LDPR MUST/SHOULD list all the resources that were created in it with
a POST as rdf:member .
> That is doing a GET on the LDPC should return a list of members. These
members are the HTTP resources that are GETable, PATCHable, POSTable,
DELETEable .

> Advantages:
> - a client can easily find out all the members of an LDPC by GETing it
and querying the returned representation with some query  that is the
equivalent of the SPARQL
>      SELECT ?member WHERE { <> rdf:member ?member }
> - the client does not need reasoning to find out what the members are
>    ( currently it seems to require some ldp:membershipProperty relation
to find out what the member is )
> - LDPRs that are not LDPCs don't get lost after creation. An admin
client can easily find out all the members. ( currently LDPRs may be
listed on a remote resource for which one needs to know the LDPCs it came
from and that it had a ldp:membershipSubject . The same issue would be
true for an ldp:membershipObject . )
> - the LDPC is a good place to add metadata on the LDPR created such as
title, update time, acl resources, ...