Re: LDP user story: sharing binary resources and metadata

On 9/10/12 9:46 AM, Steve K Speicher wrote:
> This sounds very good to me.  As a matter of style, I wonder if starting
> with the user story of the telescope picture to help set context and then
> generalize as "publish both resources and metadata".

A simple and obvious variation of this theme:

1. You take a photograph
2. You upload it to a Web accessible location
3. You share access with a select group of people rather than the whole
world.

The steps above reflect a fundamental Web challenge i.e., achieving the
task above without being locked into a Web 2.0 service.

Kingsley

> Thanks,
> Steve Speicher
> IBM Rational Software
> OSLC - Lifecycle integration inspired by the web ->
> http://open-services.net
>
> Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote on 09/10/2012 09:40:22 AM:
>
>> From: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
>> To: public-ldp-wg@w3.org,
>> Date: 09/10/2012 09:41 AM
>> Subject: LDP user story: sharing binary resources and metadata
>>
>> Here is my proposal for a use case relating to sharing binary resources:
>>
>> [[
>> Very often we need to publish both resources and the metadata that goes
> with
>> them. Or inversely the data we publish contains links to binary
> resources
>> such as pictures, videos, or other less data oriented documents (works
> of
>> literature, legal documents, etc...) For the data publishing to be
> complete,
>> the binary resources need to be published with the data. Even when the
>> binary resources are the primary concern of publication, the metadata
> that
>> puts it in context is just as essential: when publishing a picture of
> space
>> we need to know which telescope took the picture, which part of the sky
> it
>> was pointing at, what filters were used, which identified stars are
> visible,
>> etc... For more personal resources we want to know who appears in the
>> picture, where it was taken, and who can see it. One may for example
> want to
>> allow the access control rules to be edited by the people who appear in
> the
>> picture. As such the linked data platform needs to make it possible to
>> publish data and binary resources.
>> ]]
>>
>> Does that make a good user story/use case?
>>
>> Henry
>>
>> Social Web Architect
>> http://bblfish.net/

Kingsley Idehen