LDP Use Cases and Requirements

From: Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 17:06:40 -0700
To: public-ldp-wg@w3.org
Hi all,

Steve Battle put an impressive amount of work into developing the Use
Cases & Requirements (UCR) draft [1] and for which we must be grateful. We
now need to get everyone to review it carefully.

I know some have at least already started but I have the feeling the UCR
hasn't got as much attention as the spec has and we need to change that.
We really should complete the UCR before we complete the spec so we need
to crank up our effort on the UCR.

Just like we have been doing for the spec we should raise issues against
the document that we will dispose of as a group.

For that matter we need to distinguish between issues the UCR raise
against the spec and issues against the UCR itself. Looking at the list of
issues we currently have in tracker [2] I'm not sure this is really the
case today.

Through this exercise we need to decide whether every use case and
requirement listed in the UCR document is indeed something that is within
scope and that we will tackle in our spec. If there is anything that you
think is off topic, you should raise it as an issue. Just like for the
spec, if you're not sure, just ask on the mailing list first.

Thanks.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/wiki/Use_Cases_And_Requirements
[2] http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/track/issues/open