Re: ldp-ISSUE-2 (BPR versioning): Do BPR versions get managed in a systematic, discoverable way? [Linked Data Platform core]

From: Wilde, Erik <Erik.Wilde@emc.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 15:57:20 -0400
To: "'Linked Data Platform (LDP) Working Group'" <public-ldp-wg@w3.org>
CC: Steve Battle <steve.battle@sysemia.co.uk>
hello.

On 2012-10-04 08:52 , "Steve Battle" <steve.battle@sysemia.co.uk> wrote:
>We already use entity tags to ensure that we are updating the current
>version of a resource description. Can we extend this to allow access to
>earlier versions.
>e.g. GET http://example.com/myresource?etag=W/"123456789"

if we're supporting versioning, i'd suggest to make it RESTful, i.e. have
links to versions from the latest resource and/or provide version maps to
navigate to all available versions. there even are standardized (simple)
link relations for representing version relationships in a RESTful way:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5829

cheers,

dret.