Re: is linked data about RDF or EAV or just structured data?

Arnaud -

I read RDF in the charter and your email (as well as others) as the
literal meaning of the RDF spec which is the superset of RDF data model,
RDF/XML, etc. (everything here -
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-rdf-schema-20040210/)

So, I'm trying to reconcile what you referred to in your email about the
charter (http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/charter) with RDF spec
(http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-rdf-schema-20040210/).  To that end, it
would be EXTREMELY helpful [I would deem necessary, but that would need
consensus as you've pointed out] if the the refinement you've put in
your email becomes explicit: that the dependency is on the part of RDF
set of specifications which represents the data model versus the other
stuff (RDF/XML, etc.).

Here is a question that I have during reconciliation -
Charter says: " *RDF*, the Resource Description Framework, is a W3C
Recommended <http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-concepts/> general technique for
conveying information. It has a handful of syntaxes, including RDF/XML
<http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar/>, RDFa
<http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfa-core/>, and Turtle
<http://www.w3.org/TR/turtle/>, any of which can be used to transmit RDF
statements. The items about which information is expressed in RDF
documents are identified with URIs (eg,
http://example.com/products/Widget-71) but the existing RDF
specifications do not cover dereferencing them. RDF is the basis for
Linked Data <http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/LinkedData.html> and the
Semantic Web <http://www.w3.org/standards/semanticweb/>. "
What is "RDF" above?  Just the data model (abstractions and concepts of
triples, etc.)? or does that include other things including RDF\XML?

Regards