Re: is linked data about RDF or EAV or just structured data?

On 8/7/12 1:50 PM, Reza B'Far (Oracle) wrote:
> The items about which information is expressed in RDF documents are
> identified with URIs (eg, http://example.com/products/Widget-71) but
> the existing RDF specifications do not cover dereferencing them. RDF
> is the basis for Linked Data
> <http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/LinkedData.html> and the Semantic Web
> <http://www.w3.org/standards/semanticweb/>. "
And therein lies the problem. There's nothing in the current or future
RDF specs that will say anything about URIs bar their use as a
denotation mechanism. Of course, as outlined above, its accurate to
state that RDF is the basis for Linked Data as recommended by the W3C.

A little flexibility and slight of political hand is all we need re.
fixing this problem. RDF is an optional basis for Linked Data, so is EAV
+ de-referencable URIs (for those that are spooked by the letters R-D-F
or refuse to distinguish the data model from its plethora of syntaxes).

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com