Re: is linked data about RDF or EAV or just structured data?

Err. I must admit not to be sure where you're going with that question.

Rather than trying to paraphrase the charter and risking to introduce some
inconsistency I would say that the answer to your question is in the very
text you quoted. :-)
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Co-chair of the LDP WG

"Reza B'Far (Oracle)" <reza.bfar@oracle.com> wrote on 08/07/2012 10:50:21
AM:

> From: "Reza B'Far (Oracle)" <reza.bfar@oracle.com>
> To: public-ldp-wg@w3.org,
> Date: 08/07/2012 10:53 AM
> Subject: Re: is linked data about RDF or EAV or just structured data?
>
> Arnaud -
>
> I read RDF in the charter and your email (as well as others) as the
> literal meaning of the RDF spec which is the superset of RDF data
> model, RDF/XML, etc. (everything here - http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/
> REC-rdf-schema-20040210/)
>
> So, I'm trying to reconcile what you referred to in your email about
> the charter (http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/charter) with RDF spec (
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-rdf-schema-20040210/).  To that end,
> it would be EXTREMELY helpful [I would deem necessary, but that
> would need consensus as you've pointed out] if the the refinement
> you've put in your email becomes explicit: that the dependency is on
> the part of RDF set of specifications which represents the data
> model versus the other stuff (RDF/XML, etc.).
>
> Here is a question that I have during reconciliation -
> Charter says: " RDF, the Resource Description Framework, is a W3C
Recommended
> [...]
> 2.        If the discussion is about RDF being optional versus
> required, I don't see that at odds with the charter.  Can you
pleaseclarify?
> Clearly, forming another working group or community group is not
> productive.  So, the way I'm reading your email, in a more straight
> forward way, it means that "welcome, you're new and don't understand
> that we're already far enough that we're requiring RDF to be part of
> the standard".  I'm fine with that.  I just want to understand it
> very clearly that the charter is explicitly excluding other
> representations of triples, etc. than RDF. and that, furthermore,
> the charter requires usage of mechanisms in RDF to build the
> specific requirements in Linked Data.
> Your clarification is appreciated.
> Regards.
>
> On 8/7/12 8:03 AM, Arnaud Le Hors wrote:
> Hi Reza,
>
> I'm not sure what exactly you'd like to vote on but I'd like to
> remind everyone of a few procedural points:
>
> 1. W3C thrives to build consensus. For that reason, decisions are
> only made by votes as a last resort, which isn't to say that we
> can't have polls to get a feeling of where people stand.
>
> 2. WGs aren't at liberty to redefine their scope. No vote can change
> that other than that of the Advisory Council after due process.
>
> The LDP charter is clear about the fact the Linked Data Platform
> this WG is to define is about RDF, using IBM's submission as the
> starting point. [1]
>
> So, while I find the discussion interesting, I have to say that If
> some of you are interested in defining a higher level type of
> platform that is independent of the RDF data model you should look
> to start a different group. The W3C now provides for Community
> Groups [2] that can be easily started.
>
> Regards.
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/charter
> [2] http://www.w3.org/community/about/#cg
> --
> Arnaud  Le Hors - Co-chair of the LDP WG
>

> "Reza B'far" <reza.bfar@oracle.com> wrote on 08/07/2012 07:40:06 AM:
>
> > From: "Reza B'far" <reza.bfar@oracle.com>
> > To: "Wilde, Erik" <Erik.Wilde@emc.com>,
> > Cc: "public-ldp-wg@w3.org" <public-ldp-wg@w3.org>, Kingsley Idehen
> > <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
> > Date: 08/07/2012 07:46 AM
> > Subject: Re: is linked data about RDF or EAV or just structured data?
> >
> > Folks
> >
> > How about we put some of these to vote as individual axioms?  So, of
> > the group agrees, I'll send out individual proposals for axioms that
> > will have 1-2 sentences and folks can vote with the traditional
+1/-1/0?

> > I think such axioms can give us the proper technical constraints
> > around the use-cases if approved
> >
> > Best
> >
> > On Aug 7, 2012, at 7:30 AM, "Wilde, Erik" <Erik.Wilde@emc.com> wrote:
> >
> > > hello kingsley.

> > > i really don' understand how you get to this conclusion. look at the
IETF