Re: is linked data about RDF or EAV or just structured data?

On 7 Aug 2012, at 19:50, "Reza B'Far (Oracle)" <reza.bfar@oracle.com> wrote:

> Arnaud -
>
> I read RDF in the charter and your email (as well as others) as the literal meaning of the RDF spec which is the superset of RDF data model, RDF/XML, etc. (everything here - http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-rdf-schema-20040210/)
>
> So, I'm trying to reconcile what you referred to in your email about the charter (http://www.w3.org/2012/ldp/charter) with RDF spec (http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-rdf-schema-20040210/).  To that end, it would be EXTREMELY helpful [I would deem necessary, but that would need consensus as you've pointed out] if the the refinement you've put in your email becomes explicit: that the dependency is on the part of RDF set of specifications which represents the data model versus the other stuff (RDF/XML, etc.).
>
> Here is a question that I have during reconciliation -
> Charter says: " RDF, the Resource Description Framework, is a W3C Recommended general technique for conveying information. It has a handful of syntaxes, including RDF/XML, RDFa, and Turtle, any of which can       be used to transmit RDF statements. The items about which information is expressed in RDF documents are identified with URIs (eg, http://example.com/products/Widget-71) but the existing RDF specifications do not cover dereferencing them. RDF is the basis for Linked Data and the Semantic Web. "
> What is "RDF" above?  Just the data model (abstractions and concepts of triples, etc.)?

yes, RDF there means the data model, since right after it they discuss RDF/XML, Turtle, and RDFa as serialisations/representations...

> or does that include other things including RDF\XML?

RDF means RDF the model, RDFXML a (unpopular) serialisation.

I really recommend looking at GRDDL
   http://www.w3.org/TR/grddl/

as a way to make space for any other serialisation.