HTML5 Japanese Interest Group work on ruby

Suzumizaki-san,

[Copying in the public-i18n-core mailing list, so that the i18n WG is aware
of this discussion.]

I'll let Coralie reply wrt the general translation question, but I'd like to
note that your discussions should be based on the latest editor's draft wrt
CSS Ruby, and that that draft is subject to constant change at the moment.
I produced a new editor's draft very recently at
http://www.w3.org/Style/Group/css3-src/css3-ruby/ that proposed some
corrections wrt Bopomofo ruby and incorporates links to the discussion
points I know of for other parts of the document.

Your group may also find it useful to look at the following documents, for
which I couldn't see any links on the wiki:

[a] Requirements for Japanese Text Layout http://www.w3.org/TR/jlreq/ (in
particular http://www.w3.org/TR/jlreq/#en-subheading2_3 and
http://www.w3.org/TR/jlreq/#en-app6 for ruby)

[b] Ruby use cases from the JLReq document
http://www.w3.org/International/datespace/2010/02/jlreq-examples/

Also, are you aware that we have a Japanese Layout Task Force?  The majority
of the participants are Japanese, and communicate in Japanese. For more
information, see http://www.w3.org/2007/02/japanese-layout/

Finally, you should also be aware that I plan to ask the W3C
Internationalization WG (see http://www.w3.org/International/) to make a
formal request to the HTML WG, so that HTML5 supports the markup in the Ruby
Annotation spec http://www.w3.org/TR/ruby/ in addition to the markup that
they current support (which is a reverse engineering of the IE
implementation).

I hope that is helpful. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu,

Richard

Richard Ishida
Internationalization Lead
W3C (World Wide Web Consortium)