Re: ACTION-161 / ISSUE 88: Multiple content languages

On Jan 21, 2010, at 8:40 AM, Richard Ishida wrote:

> I'm a little worried by the confusion surrounding who is doing what wrt this
> issue.
>
> Lief indicated to the HTML WG already that the i18n WG had volunteered to
> write this change proposal, and that he was passing the baton to us. I had
> the action to write it.  I was on vacation for three weeks over the
> Christmas/New Year period, out of the email loop, and as soon as I returned
> I wrote a proposal and had it reviewed by the i18n WG. See
> http://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Htmlissue88 .
>
> In the meantime, it appears that the HTML WG discussed the issue and
> (without consultation with the i18n WG) the writing of the Change Proposal
> was reassigned to Roy Fielding, with a deadline of 26 January.  So I
> contacted Roy, and he has promised to send me his input to the proposal so
> that I can integrate it in the aforementioned document.
>
> Maciej, Paul, I have had the feeling for some time now that my emails are
> somehow not being heard, so could I ask you to reply to this email to
> confirm that you have received it and indicate whether my understanding is
> correct that Roy is currently the torch holder with a deadline of 26 Jan, or
> whether we should move the ownership back to the i18n WG.

I don't recall seeing <http://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Htmlissue88> submitted. That is likely an error on the part of the Chairs. I'll record this as a submitted Change Proposal for the issue. You should feel free to continue making revisions, of course.

Regards,
Maciej