Re: Intermixed Hangul in Japanese // 日本語と韓国文字の行の調整処理

> On Oct 23, 2014, at 23:45, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa@apple.com> wrote:
>
> Hm... they're like 漢文(Classical Chinese) with spaces, right?

Han-only Korean text (traditional, 500 years or so ago) is similar to Kanbun, but Hangul-only or primarily-Hangul text is somewhere between Chinese/Japanese and Latin. Words are separated by spaces, and lines can break either at character or word boundaries[1].

> So I'd imagine they would be justified like Kanji/Kana with spaces but perhaps there are justification rule for Koreans in Japanese I'm not aware of?

I can imagine such layout is quite possible, especially given most Hangul words appearing within Japanese are likely to be a single word, but I wonder maybe if two or more words appear within Japanese text, they might need to behave differently.

JLTF people, does anyone know if my concern is a false concern?

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/klreq/#line-break

/koji