Re: Hydra scope

From: David Booth <david@dbooth.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2014 15:33:30 -0400
To: public-hydra@w3.org
On 06/03/2014 02:39 PM, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
> You do realize that we have both "operation" and "supportedOperation"
> at the moment, right? "operation" is used to describe what operations
> are supported by that specific resource whereas "supportedOperation"
> allows to describe what operations are supported by all instances of
> the class it is used on (or all values of the property it is used
> on). In that sense, supportedProperties is consistent at it tells you
> what properties that server supports for instances of that class.

A small naming suggestion: If I'm understanding correctly, both
"operation" and "supportedOperation" describe what operations are
supported, but one describes what operations are supported a specific
instance whereas the other describes what operations are supported by
all instances of the class.  If that is the distinction, I would suggest
choosing names that somehow reflect that distinction.

Thanks,
David