What to do about the Document outline?

From: Chaals McCathie Nevile <chaals@yandex-team.ru>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2016 15:02:51 +0100
To: "HTML WG (public-html@w3.org)" <public-html@w3.org>
This is the topic of issue 33: https://github.com/w3c/html/issues/33

There is an algorithm that defines how to create a structure for an HTML
document, based on sectioning elements and heading elements.

We have changed the HTML 5.1 spec so it no longer recommends using h1 at
every level, since that didn't actually work in browsers, although it
often looked like it did.

Should we retain the rest of the algorithm, tweak it, or ditch it?

cheers

Chaals