text directional attribute rtl

From: Richard Dunne <richarddunnebsc@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 17:25:55 +0000
To: public-html@w3.org
The text directional attribute rtl was I'm assuming introduce specifically
to accommodate languages written from right to left.  I thought the rtl
attribute would be of great help for my degree project on maths literacy.
Although numbers are written from left to right, addition, subtraction and
multiplication are carried out from right to left.  At the time, I thought
that the rtl attribute would allow the cursor to move from right to left in
the text-box to accommodate the addition, subtraction and multiplication.
I was very disappointed.  I would like to suggest expanding the
functionality of the rtl directional attribute to allow the cursor to move
from right to left, if only for mathematical operational purposes.  I
realize that this is very niche and may not have widespread support.

Richard Dunne