Re: Image map resizing

On 3/5/15 7:04 PM, Andrea Rendine wrote:
> Coordinates in area elements are absolute
> and refer to distances and measures in pixels

I believe in HTML 4 coordinates could be percentages and no one ever
implemented that...  Would that help things somewhat?

> It can't be a matter of lacking interest on the part of authors and/or
> vendors: if the element is not usable as it is *today*, then of course
> nobody can effectively use it and vendors don't guess too much about an
> unused feature.

The element wasn't used much at all for many years before people worried
about responsive design...  I've never quite understood why, since it
_is_ in fact pretty useful, but that's the way it was.

-Boris