Re: proposal: have W3C HTML5 reference dated WHATWG URL standard rather than W3C copy

On Sep 25, 2014, at 13:47 , Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org> wrote:

> On 25/09/2014 19:10 , Ian Hickson wrote:
>> I had been asked by the spec's editor to change the spec to make it more
>> attractive to the W3C. I tried to minimize the changes by only making it a
>> style sheet change. In retrospect, even this was indeed a mistake, since
>> the document is supposed to be fixed in time and already has had several
>> companies' lawyers sign off on it. So I've changed it back, and will leave
>> it unchanged for all time. Live and learn.
>
> Shame, I have to say I quite enjoyed the notion of a Living Snapshot ;)

I really don’t think that a title change makes any material difference to an IPR commitment, does it?  Can someone say to the contrary explicitly why?

If we could make the document with an FSA on it, stable, and with a suitable title, I think this is a decent direction.

David Singer
Manager, Software Standards, Apple Inc.