Re: proposal: have W3C HTML5 reference dated WHATWG URL standard rather than W3C copy

On 25.9.2014 7:31, Tantek Çelik wrote:
> I propose that W3C HTML5 be updated to normatively reference[1] the
> dated WHATWG URL standard[2] instead of the W3C WebApps WG copy[3].
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2014/PR-html5-20140916/references.html#refsURL
> [2] https://whatwg.org/specs/url/2014-07-30/

Well, I'm not on either side of this dispute, but putting the following
into document:

Purposes of Patent Lawyers and Government Officials</span></h1>

and then disabling display of some content by:

h1 span + span {
display: none;
}

really doesn't help to anything. (Or may be it's good argument to keep
reference to W3C snapshot of the URL spec.) Folks, this is not high
school corridor, let's try to be reasonable.

    Jirka