Re: suggestion for tag set <sarcasm> </sarcasm> pair

Steve, Jukka, Pradeep, and Emmanuelle,

I certainly didn't intend to ignite a controversy.  My apologies for any
inconvenience.  I am still impressed with the ability of your group to
get things sorted out and the discussion started, and the knowledge and
thought they bring to the table..

I spent half a century in industry and I have never had a project team
jump on something with this much interest, vigor, knowledge and
creativity.  It's almost enough to make me come back out of retirement.

Thank you all,
Sam

On 11/04/2014 06:50 AM, Steve Faulkner wrote:
> Hi Emmanuelle,
>
> *Note:* the sarcasm element is not an official or unofficial proposal
> for anything, its just an experiment i put together yesterday to show
> how custom elements /could/ be used to create, well, a custom
> <sarcasm> element.
>
> As I stated to Jukka, if you can think of a better way to express the
> semantics I urge you to do any of the following:
> 1. file issues https://github.com/stevefaulkner/5-sarcasm/issues
> 2. fork and change , submit pull requests if desired.
> 3. create an alternative sarcasm design pattern in some form
>
> --
>
> Regards
>
> SteveF
> HTML 5.1 <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/>
>
> On 4 November 2014 13:01, Emmanuelle Gutiérrez y Restrepo
> <emmanuelle@sidar.org <mailto:emmanuelle@sidar.org>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Steve and all,
>
>     Do you ask to Spanish screen readers too?
>
>     For me an inverted o reverse question mark don’t seem a “natural”
>     way to mark the sarcasm. So I look for in Wikipedia and found that
>     this is very similar to the ironic mark but not to the sarcasm
>     mark [1]:
>
>     "¡" redirects here. It is not to be confused with Temherte slaq
>     <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temherte_slaq>.
>
>     "¿" redirects here. It is not to be confused with the Irony mark
>     <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony_mark>(/؟/).
>
>     */Temherte slaqî/***
>
>     In certain Ethiopic languages
>     <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethiopic_languages>, sarcasm and
>     unreal phrases are indicated at the end of a sentence with a
>     sarcasm mark called /temherte slaqî/ or /temherte slaq/ (U+00A1) (
>     *¡* ), a character that looks like the inverted exclamation point
>     <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inverted_exclamation_point>.
>
>     As you can see, the sign that looks like an inverted question mark
>     is used to indicate irony, no sarcasm.
>
>     So, I suggest use the temherte slaqî instead of the inverted
>     question mark: *¡***
>
>     **
>
>     Best regards,
>
>     /Emmanuelle Gutiérrez y Restrepo/
>
>     Patrono y Directora General
>
>     Fundación Sidar - Acceso Universal
>
>     Email: coordina@sidar.org <mailto:coordina@sidar.org>
>
>     Personal: Emmanuelle@sidar.org <mailto:Emmanuelle@sidar.org>
>
>     Web: http://sidar.org
>
>     [1]
>     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inverted_question_and_exclamation_marks

Why should we fund liberal educations?
To an engineer, there is no difference between building a gas chamber connected to a crematorium and building a hospital connected to an apartment building.
To a poet, there is.

preferred email:  sdomenic@comcast.net
land line: 303 278 4142
cell phone:  720 971 0454, usually hooked to the charger, out of reach, and unanswered.