Re: HTML email client support

Hi Andrew,

On 23/01/2014 19:29 , Andrew Herrington wrote:
> Could anyone clarify whether there is any specific work within the
> working group to tackle standards relating to email clients?
>
> I’m especially interested in whether the idea of coming up with a
> specific subset of “safe” features (that email creators could then
> rely on) has ever been discussed?

There is no current work on this aspect inside of the HTML WG, but there
is a *lot* of interest in the broader community. You're about the 20th
person I hear bringing this up over the past couple of months.

It's a painful ball to get rolling, especially if you want to test back
to some relatively older clients that used the Word HTML rendering
engine and other such lovely artefacts. But it would certainly be of
great help to many.

One way to get this started is to for a Community Group; but there are
other options as well. I'm happy to discuss how to get this off the
ground if you feel you could contribute energy to the task.