Re: TextTrack questions

On 01/16/2014 02:57 PM, Brendan Long wrote:

> On 01/16/2014 02:08 PM, Aaron Colwell wrote:
>> The file offset of the cue information in the souce file could be
>> used to create the unique ID. Just using the start time, end time,
>> and text would not necessarily be unique if there are duplicate cues
>> in the file.
> Using the file offset would probably work. I don't think this is
> possible in GStreamer though. If this is possible in other relevant
> media frameworks (FFMPEG, AV Foundation, Media Foundation), then maybe
> it's something we should add to GStreamer.
Ignore that. It sounds like this would be relatively easy to implement
in GStreamer:

http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/gstreamer-GstBuffer.html#GST-BUFFER-OFFSET:CAPS

I'll try doing it this way in WebKit and see how hard it is.

--------------090901030001070904000102

  <head>
  </head>
      wrote:<br>
        wrote:</div>
cite="mid:CAA0c1bD+oPYC1f4J+T=8_DFc1R9C4OnN9y=vShrs=KHO29KR3Q@mail.gmail.com"
        type="cite">
            information in the souce file could be used to create the
            unique ID. Just using the start time, end time, and text
            would not necessarily be unique if there are duplicate cues
            in the file.</div>
      Using the file offset would probably work. I don't think this is
      possible in GStreamer though. If this is possible in other
      relevant media frameworks (FFMPEG, AV Foundation, Media
      Foundation), then maybe it's something we should add to GStreamer.<br>
    Ignore that. It sounds like this would be relatively easy to
    implement in GStreamer:<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/gstreamer-GstBuffer.html#GST-BUFFER-OFFSET:CAPS">http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/gstreamer-GstBuffer.html#GST-BUFFER-OFFSET:CAPS</a><br>
    I'll try doing it this way in WebKit and see how hard it is.<br>

--------------090901030001070904000102--