Re: proposed change: links inside label elements

15.01.2014, 21:21, "Jukka K. Korpela" <jukka.k.korpela@kolumbus.fi>:
> 2014-01-15 17:49, Steve Faulkner wrote:
>
>> šthanks Jukka, I have modified the usage note/examples taking into
>> šaccount your feedback
>>
>> šhttp://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/forms.html#the-label-element
>
> Fine. As a more compact alternative, the following markup could be used
> in the example:

> ššto <a href="tandc.html">the terms and conditions</a>

That would probably be harmful as for semantics/clarity of the label when considering it in isolation from text outside the label ("I agree" => "agree with what?"). Label text should be self-contained enough to be understandable without extra information.