Re: 4.13.1 Bread crumb navigation - use of right angle brackets

Thanks for sharing. The text about the survey says: ”Those without
disabilities were twice as likely to prefer nested lists (by far the
most complex of the presentations) than those with disabilities.”

This makes me wonder if the test results are affected by the fact that
the tests were not blind tests. Instead each test had a header which
described the technical solution. The tests were ”evened out” by being
styled to look the same. So why would people without disabilities be
more inclined to prefer nested lists than the other solutions, if it
was not because they somehow were “predisposed” to think that nested
lists was a better solution?

The winner is ”I don‘t know”, which could be interpreted as ”it does
not matter”. But note that 47% preferred a list solution. The survey
states ”(that so many didn't know is insightful - perhaps because the
unordered and ordered lists examples are presented identically in some
screen readers)”. However, that statement sounds like the survey
reviewer forgot that ”Text” was one of the options. Does this mean that
some AT presents lists and text the same way?

That ordered lists won, amongst those with a preference, is against my
own initial preference. However, ordered lists should be OK.

Leif Halvard Silli

Steve Faulkner, Thu, 27 Feb 2014 09:47:07 +0000: