Re: use cases 'DOM needs a way to get element's computed ARIA role and computed label string'

From: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 10:41:03 +0000
To: "Patrick H. Lauke" <redux@splintered.co.uk>
Cc: HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
On 19 December 2014 at 10:19, Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>
wrote:

> Same use cases as Jon mentioned, as far as I'm concerned. As hinted at
> partially here http://discourse.specifiction.org/t/dom-apis-to-expose-
> accessible-role-states-properties/693 (are we fragmenting these
> conversations enough, ya think? ;) )

have captured your use case on wiki, and yeah there is a fragmentation
issue, I would have stuck with PF origin, but due to restrictive public PF
mailing list and tracker it makes it difficult for anybody other than PF
members to contribute, and there are many non PF stakeholders and
implementers to consider and get input from :-( Hence the reaching around.
--

Regards

SteveF