Re: Conformance requirements on browsers

On 9/12/13 4:49 AM, Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
> So you do mean that the spec requires certain things and forbids
> anything else?

Yes.

> Sounds rather drastic.

The other alternative is lack of interop.

> blink { text-decoration: blink; }
>
> is rather pointless, because browsers have dropped support to
> text-decoration: blink, too, when they dropped support to <blink>.

Which browser dropped support for "text-decoration: blink"?  I don't
know of any.

In a browser that dropped support for it, this markup:

    Text

the text would be underlined. In a browser that supports it per the
CSS2.1 spec, the text would not be underlined.  It may or may not blink;
the spec says:

   blink
     Text blinks (alternates between visible and invisible).
     Conforming user agents may simply not blink the text.

-Boris