Re: [RESEND] suggestion: modify <small> definition

Patrick H. Lauke, Wed, 22 May 2013 12:14:14 +0100:
> On 22/05/2013 12:10, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
>> 'reduced prominence' could probably work.
>>
>> But with respect to what Ian said about ’often more important’, may be
>> ’suppressed prominence’ could also work? The word ’suppressed’ could
>> also be meaningful with regard to the fact that small text in headings
>> can be suppressed from the outline. THus:
>>
>> ’The small element represents content with _suppressed_ prominence such
>> as small print.’
>
> Perhaps even making it passive, to show that it's not the content
> itself that is less prominent/important, but that it has been MADE to
> be so by author choice? Or am I getting too meta again?
>
> 'The small element represents content whose prominence has been
> [reduced|suppressed], such as small print.'

+1 Improvisation in the same lane:

’… whose prominence (from the user/reader’s point of view) the author
wants to lessen, suppress, disguise, hide or reduce. Examples could be
legal text in small print, explanative subtitles, etc.’

Leif H Silli