RE: Google and MPEG LA Announce Agreement Covering VP8 Video Format

Andreas Kuckartz wrote:

> (But we still need to protect the open web against DRM ;-)

Not looking to re-open an existing rift here, but not everyone believes that content protection and "the open web" is incongruous. Failing to recognize a real need and existing problem (both social and technical) by dismissing the issues as "DRM is evil" does nothing to reconcile the needs of all stake-holders party to this discussion.  I respect your right to an opinion, but not everyone shares that opinion. Thanks in advance for keeping this list politics free.

Respectfully,

JF