Re: <subline> becomes <subhead> and other updates

Hi, Steve, Jukka

Maybe the problem, in the first place, comes from the fact that the
*small* element doesn't have a precise definition. It seems to me that
it has any strong semantic meaning. "side comments such as small
print", doesn't mean much to me and I don't believe I ever found
myself asking me which element to use for caveats or legal
restrictions (that are, for most of the content, just paragraphs,
no?).

In the other hand, I've always struggled to choose the most
appropriate element for subheadings or taglines.
The "de-emphazising" side of *small* was implicitly adopted by many
web authors (and it seems quite natural to me, as I want to believe
that *small* is not a semantic-less element).

As an author, I really need subheadings and taglines. All the time. In
my opinion, if a new element can't do the job with a consensus, could
the *small* element be redefined so to promote the de-emphazising
role?

Cheers,
Angela Ricci

Invited Expert