Re: proposal: subline element

hi all

I will respond to individual comments when I have time, but here are
some general comments for now:

As its says on the doc - its an early draft.  Nothing is set in stone
what is there is merely a sketch of a possibility.

Here is what i think developers want (not necessarily need) anybody
feel free to add/subtract disagree etc

- A way to indicate part of a heading is differentiated from another
part as in title/subtitle/alterntive title
 - A way to indicate that text is not a heading but is closely
associated with a heading and more specific than a paragraph.
-  Easy ways to style such content

Thinking more on it this markup pattern would fit:

<header>
<h1>Walking the path of a tornado
<subline>A journey into the heart of a 17-mile storm</subline>
</h1>
May 29, 2013</time></subline>
</header>

http://pastebin.mozilla.org/2461203

In the above example the <subline> can be used either as a child of
heading or as a sibling. when used as a child of heading it is a
subtitle, when used as a sibling it is a byline, tagline. <header> can
be used for grouping if desired.

CSS: example author styling hooks

header subline {...}

header h1 subline {...}

h1 subline {...}

h1 ~ subline {...}

h1 + subline {...}

things that are missing from the spec sketch:

 - default UA CSS for subline (aprt from display:block)
 - Related accessibility semantics (as I have suggested in other for,
the semantics would need a new role/roles added to ARIA (as there are
no platform API semantics for a subheading etc.),  which could then be
used for default implicit semantics for a native html feature.

thoughts?
--

Regards

SteveF