Re: current definition of <figure> in HTML is problematic

Hi Mike,

Agree with your analysis, bottom line is that some authors are
misunderstanding the intent and that misunderstanding is perculating
through to the developer/designer/author communities, influential voices
within those communities are further perpetuating the misunderstanding.

Nipping it in the bud by clarifying its use in the spec, will put a stop to
this essentially wasteful discussion and speculation about correct usage.

It doesn't have to be much, but needs to be made clear.

regards
SteveF

--
with regards