Re: HTML-A11Y Task Force Consensus on Issue-204 (Updated)

Hi all,

Jonas wrote:

> While I wish I had more time to track the conversations happening here
> regarding issue 204, I wanted to at least provide a comment to this
> "v3" proposal.
>
> I definitely think it's a big step in the right direction.

Agreed.

> Allowing user agents to do their best to make a page accessible to all
> users is definitely the first step that we need to take.

Yes, this was my primary concern with the previous proposal.

> While allowing UAs to expose the accessibility tree of @hidden content
> is great, I think we should make it a MUST level requirement.

My understanding is that some AT implementors believe it would be
difficult to comply with such a requirement. That said, I agree that we
should encourage UAs to expose the tree to AT if they are able to. Would
a SHOULD work for you?

Ted