RE: Revert request r7023

We currently have no plans to add Path support. We're concerned that adding this feature to the canvas 2d API spec at this time increases web developer confusion about which parts of the spec are stable and interoperable.

For ISSUE-201, we have already made a proposal (that was created with input from others in the canvas and a11y WGs) which we wish to support in IE.

-----Original Message-----
From: Charles Pritchard [mailto:chuck@jumis.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 9:41 AM
To: Edward O'Connor
Cc: public-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: Revert request r7023

I encourage vendors to act by assigning resources to produce actionable implementations. Waiting and/or following the invention of the editor is a bit backwards.

His strength is in identifying APIs common across vendors and writing them up in his document.

I've stated my concerns; I withdraw my revert request. The "bugs" in this change to Canvas are public. I'm going to work on implementation instead of pursuing bug reports and process.

-Charles