Re: Encrypted Media proposal: Summary of the discussion so far

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 3:12 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

> Once again, if a video distributor requires a CDM that does this (and
> you continue to suggest this is a possibility), then it's a de facto
> part of the proposal.  The fact that this is a possibility is a strike
> against the proposal.

Tab, with all respect, my opinion is that if something is not in a W3C spec
then it is out of scope (for this proposal and this discussion). Your
opinion appears to be that anything that can or will go into a user agent
is in scope. I see no way to bridge that difference, so I will not attempt
to further justify mine or Cox's position on this subject.

Cheers,
Glenn