Re: Encrypted Media proposal (was RE: ISSUE-179: av_param - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals)

On Tue, 06 Mar 2012 06:11:01 -0000, Christian Kaiser <kaiserc@google.com>
wrote:

> For the record, YouTube is interested in ClearKey. It's obviously subject
> to negotiations and business decisions that are yet to happen, but
> ClearKey may provide enough robustness for *some* use cases.
> YouTube is also interested in other "shades of gray" between ClearKey and
> commercial CDMs in terms of maximum robustness, so that more use cases
> can be covered. It would be interesting to explore how robust an open
> source,
> royalty-free CDM can be.
>
> It seems like a good idea to create a "playground" that enables these
> kinds of explorations. The proposal at hand does that. I hope we'll see
> it in
> action one day.

That is good news!

In terms of clearkey, is http+aes scheme a satisfactory solution?

By the "shades of gray" solutions, do you mean other uses of ClearKey
(such as combining it with JS-based key obfuscation) or non-clearkey CDMs?

--
regards, Kornel Lesiński