Re: W3C FAQ on DRM and HTML5 ?!

On Sun, 2012-03-04 at 19:19 +0100, Andreas Kuckartz wrote:
> I just noticed that there is W3C FAQ page on HTML5 which contains an
> answer regarding DRM which is not consensus (as the discussion in the
> HTML WG in the recent weeks has demonstrated). See below.

Thank you for pointing this out. This entry was done following
discussions during a W3C Advisory Committee meeting 18 months ago or so.
It does need some refresh indeed but let's be clear: W3C has many
participants interested in finding a solution around media content
protection. So, we are definitively interested in the space,
independently of whether the HTML Working Group is interested in
developing a solution or whether it is done in a separate group.
Whatever we choose, we will do our best to get the right balance between
producers and consumers.

Philippe