Re: CfC: Request transition of HTML Microdata to Candidate Recommendation

Regarding the parser output, I can't speak to what changes have been made
in the parser code since I posted that nearly a month ago. Since I pinged a
number of people on IRC about it when I was testing (including one of the
implementers), posted about it in the Drupal issue, and my email was
retweeted and referenced, I expect that it would have been called out
earlier if I had been mistaken then.

Regarding the Drupal issue... to ensure we're being clear, it was fixed
with an override in a module that only 15 sites use. It was NOT fixed in
core. That leaves hundreds of thousands of Drupal sites exposing data that
was parsed one way when they configured the site, and is now parsed in a
different way. As I point out, for my example the Ubiquity RDFa 1.0 parser
still returns the data that previously would have been parsed, and it
extracts a literal value for the skos:prefLabel value.

Please be aware this isn't an effort to discredit RDFa... I am actively
working on RDFa support, so I do have an understanding of the differences,
some of which advantage RDFa. However, the proponents of RDFa need to be
more open and clearer about the very real difficulties that implementers
face. I don't think that we do ourselves any favors by glossing over the
real problems users are running into.

-Lin

--
Lin Clark