Re: Audience Based Validator User Interface (ISSUE-206)

Hi Laura,

 "HTML5 authoring tools MUST
> NOT emit documents that do not conform to HTML5" to "HTML5 authoring
> tools SHOULD NOT emit documents that do not conform to HTML5". The
> allowed exceptions would be content author supplied attribute values,
> which are engineers control.

I think this would be a good change, regardless of issue 206, I do not
believe that this must level requirement is realistic or practical.
Any editing tool other than in the most controlled of environments can emit
non conforming documents. I would go so far as to say there is no editing
tool which  can guarantee that the output will always be conforming.

regards
SteveF

--
with regards