Re: Support for the formation of the Web Hypertext Application Technology Community Group (was Re: HTML Working Group Changes)

IIUC it provides for a legally clean contribution path of WHATWG
specifications into the W3C. Since that means that the wider community
- i.e. those that cannot become a member of the W3C - can continue
providing input into the specification, I think there's a clear
advantage to having that CG.

It would be nice if the WHATWG mailing list could just be the WHATCG
mailing list, including all the legalese around it, but I assume
that's not so easy to do and may take some time.

Regards,
Silvia.