Re: New approach to HTML Media Capture

Le lundi 25 avril 2011 à 19:56 +0000, Ian Hickson a écrit :
> > From the perspective of what the user is technically able to do, this
> > feature [of distinguishing selecting a file from capturing it from a camerea]
> > is not needed, but for a user experience that matches native
> > apps, it is.
>
> That's fair enough.
>
> Do browsers implement anything like this yet?

The Android browser does:
http://developer.android.com/sdk/android-3.0.html

Others (e.g. Mozilla) have expressed interest on it before, but I don't
think they have implemented it yet.

> What was the reasoning behind moving from a parameter to a separate
> attribute?

Some of it is documented in http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/105

In particular, having to microparse the accept attribute was felt as
cumbersome/fragile:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2010Nov/0056.html

Dom