Re: follow up on the discussion in HTML5 about metadata access

Le 6 mai 2011 à 19:14, Silvia Pfeiffer a écrit :
> I'm not going to elaborate this any further, but once you package it
> with additional resource and give it a different name, you have
> created a new resource type that is not "just supported" by UAs.

huh? I might be missing something. It is perfectly possible to create a UA which deal with ePub content. Just stating the obvious below

The UA Request

   GET /path/bovary.epub HTTP/1.1
   Host: www.example.com

The server Response

   HTTP/1.1 200 OK
   Accept-Ranges: bytes
   …

> It's not Web content any more.

It *is* Web content. The fact that browsers can't unpack it is completely unrelated to the nature of the content. Any client can be developed to process it.
It is indeed not HTML5 content.

--
Karl Dubost - http://dev.opera.com/