Re: device independent title attribute support in browsers and follow up question

On Mon, 09 May 2011 12:29:11 +0200, Steve Faulkner
<faulkner.steve@gmail.com> wrote:

> thanks Chaals,
>
> but you didn't actually answer any of the original questions:
>
> "Can any of the representatives from browser vendors provide
> information as to when the title attribute will be implemented so:

As Maciej said about Apple, Opera generally doesn't make statements about
timelines for future development.

> [...it is useful...]
>
> the extension is a nice idea:
>
> Is this something that Opera plan will provide natively?

No comment...

> keyboard access to content should not be something people have to go and
> seek out an extension for.

Sure.

> The extension does not provide access to any title attribute content
> that is not on a focusable element. which doesn't resolve the use case
> for titles on images to act as a caption.

Single-key element navigation in Opera lets you focus any element, so with
the extension you do get the title tooltip on images, on a span element in
a paragraph (that's what happens in the screenshot), etc.

cheers