Re: device independent title attribute support in browsers and follow up question

On Thu, 05 May 2011 11:26:53 +0200, Steve Faulkner
<faulkner.steve@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I originally requested feedback on April 19th, since the 2 vendors have
> indicated that they have no plans to implement device independent access
> to the title attribute.
>
> Can it be taken that the lack of response from Apple and Opera that they
> also have no plans?

No, that would be reading too much into me not replying in a timely manner.

FYI I just submitted an extension that does this for Opera. It's described
at http://my.opera.com/chaals/blog/keytitle-extension and is extreely
trivial - could probably be done for other browsers in a matter of minutes
with a bit of copy/paste.

> *A further question:*
>
> Do any vendors have plans to follow webkit's lead and display the title
> attribute content in place of an image when the image is not rendered?

I don't believe we have any such plan (I hope not, too).

cheers